Speaker Guidelines & Resources
FAQs and other information for potential and confirmed speakers at the 2021 REALTORS® Conference & Expo.
About the Event
The REALTORS® Conference & Expo is the largest annual gathering of real estate professionals. Education, networking, motivation and fun are the four components of a successful REALTORS® Conference & Expo. The conference education sessions give attendees practical and timely information on how to do their business better. The expo floor features hundreds of real estate-related products and services for REALTORS® — and their clients.
Who attends the REALTORS® Conference & Expo?
On average, 20,000 REALTORS® and guests attend the REALTORS® Conference & Expo each year. Attendees come from a wide variety of real estate backgrounds, but they have one thing in common: they are savvy businesspeople and successful in their marketplace. In fact, the typical conference attendee reports making twice as much income from real estate as the average NAR member.
2020 Attendee Profile
REALTORS® Conference & Expo Attendees:
- Represent all 50 states
- Include 1,399 international guests from over 67 countries
- Has 19 years of experience in real estate
- Reported an annual median income of $121,000
- Are a mix of repeat and first-time attendees: In 2018, one-third of guests were new to the event and over 60% had attended at least three out of the last five conferences
- Conference attendees were more likely to be an Associate Broker or Sales Agent, Residential, but represent many areas of the industry, including commercial, property management, resort and second home, land, appraisal and auction
- Over half (59%) of attendees conduct business in Spanish in addition to English.
- Attendees work in real estate offices with an average of 32 licenses, including independent brokerages and large franchises.
Please note: A number of states have changed the real estate licensing categories, so using agent and broker may no longer indicate who the target audience is for a specific topic. Each U.S. state independently licenses real estate professionals. The term REALTOR® is a national and international mark of membership with the National Association of REALTORS ®. Learn more about the difference between a real estate professional and a REALTOR®.
What is the Benefit of Speaking at the REALTORS® Conference & Expo?
- Speakers receive increased visibility within the real estate industry, which includes not only REALTORS®, but also managing brokers, franchise owners and local/state real estate board staff.
- NAR also holds governance meetings over the conference dates, which gives speakers access not only to successful real estate professionals, but also to the association’s most influential leaders.
- Speakers also receive a complimentary Premier Access pass to the event the year they are speaking. This pass gives the speaker access to attend other education sessions, the three-day REALTORS® Expo and entrance to most major special events. All speakers receive a complimentary recording of their session.
- Please note: NAR does not provide speaker compensation beyond what is listed above, and speakers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and expenses.
Why am I Not Permitted to Sell/Promote My Products and Services in the Session?
Attendees come to the session for an educational experience, not to hear a sales pitch. They consistently give negative evaluations to sessions that they perceive to be “product or personal pitches.” A trade show booth is the appropriate place for business transactions and promotional activities. Speakers who are also interested in exhibiting at the REALTORS® Expo should contact the exhibition staff separately at NAR@heiexpo.com.