Speaker Guidelines & Resources
FAQs and other information for potential and confirmed speakers at the 2021 REALTORS® Conference & Expo.
2021 REALTORS® Conference & Expo Marketing Toolkit
Congratulations on being selected as a 2021 REALTORS® Conference & Expo speaker! This Speaker Marketing Toolkit is designed to help you make the most of your experience with NAR and includes helpful links as well as “copy and paste” text for promoting and sharing this opportunity and accomplishment.
We hope our excitement about your commitment to NAR will inspire you to share your speaking assignment with your network!
Get Social with REALTORS® Conference & Expo by posting on your-, your associations’- or company’s- social media platforms. This way the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) can interact with you from its very own social platforms. By connecting and tagging (using @) with NAR on social media, you are helping attract new/existing audiences to the REALTORS® Conference & Expo. Social platforms include the following:
Posts with graphics get more visibility and interaction! So, be sure to use a REALTORS® Conference & Expo shareable graphic or photo when promoting the Conference & Expo included in the email.
Note: When tagging @National Association of REALTORS® in a post, tags will not pop up if you copy and paste from a post below. You must enter a tag manually by typing @ followed by “National Association of REALTORS®”. For Twitter, the exact tag is @narannual. Refer to the list above for additional NAR social channel tags.
I am looking forward to joining the lineup of speakers at NAR’s 2021 REALTORS® Conference & Expo. Join me for my session [insert session title] at @narannual https://conference.realtor/schedule/?cid=sm_RCE0012
I’m looking forward to speaking to attendees at NAR’s 2021 REALTORS® Conference & Expo in #San Diego [and online, if applicable.] @narannual Learn more: https://conference.realtor/schedule/?cid=sm_RCE0012 #NARAnnual
Join me at #NARAnnual this November to learn about what’s new and next in #realestate. @narannual https://conference.realtor/schedule/?cid=sm_RCE0012
I’m honored to present at #NARAnnual #SanDiego this year! Join me for my [insert session title] on [date]. I hope to see you there. Learn more: https://conference.realtor/schedule/?cid=sm_RCE0013
By attending #NARAnnual #San Diego, you’ll feel confident that you’re up to speed on cutting-edge business of- doing-business advancements. Join me on [date] for my presentation, [insert session title]. Learn more: https://conference.realtor/schedule/?cid=sm_RCE0013
I’m honored to present [insert session title] at #NARAnnual this November in #SanDiego. I will be speaking about [insert description of your breakout session]. Learn more at https://conference.realtor/schedule/?cid=sm_RCE0013. #RealEstate
Join me at #NARAnnual in #SanDiego, November 12-15. I hope to motivate and educate attendees—from new agents to experienced agents—as a speaker! Check out my session online at online at
Does your company/university/association have an e-newsletter? Use our “copy and paste” text to add a blurb or two about what you want to share about REALTORS® Conference & Expo. Or if you prefer, use the same text to send an email to friends or colleagues.
You do not need a blog site to share about REALTORS® Conference & Expo, but if you have one, why not consider sharing what’s upcoming? If you have a LinkedIn account, you can “blog” or “publish an article” by using “copy and paste” with our provided text.
Replace red text below with your information.
Headline: I Have Been Selected to Speak at NAR’s 2021 REALTORS® Conference & Expo
This fall, I will be joining fellow #RealEstate professionals at NAR’s 2021 REALTORS® Conference & Expo. Held by the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), this is an exciting opportunity for me to share my [professional/personal] experience with like-minded individuals! Individuals who are committed to sharing key learnings that one can (immediately) leverage to directly impact and improve business.
This year, the REALTORS® Conference & Expo will be held online and in person at the San Diego Convention Center, November 12-15.
I will be speaking to fellow attendees about [insert session title]. This presentation will focus on [presentation description]. Attendees can expect to walk away with:
- Learning objective of what attendees can learn from your presentation
- Learning objective of what attendees can learn from your presentation (two minimum learning objectives recommended)
- Learning objective of what attendees can learn from your presentation
The complete agenda of speakers and networking events is available online.
I am looking forward to this November and I hope you will join me online or in person.
About the Event
Who Attends the REALTORS® Conference & Expo?
On average, 20,000 REALTORS® and guests attend the REALTORS® Conference & Expo each year. Attendees come from a wide variety of real estate backgrounds, but they have one thing in common: they are savvy businesspeople and successful in their marketplace. In fact, the typical conference attendee reports making twice as much income from real estate as the average NAR member.
2020 Attendee Profile
REALTORS® Conference & Expo Attendees:
- Represent all 50 states.
- Include 1,399 international guests from over 67 countries.
- Has 19 years of experience in real estate.
- Reported an annual median income of $121,000.
- Are a mix of repeat and first-time attendees: In 2018, one-third of guests were new to the event and over 60% had attended at least three out of the last five conferences.
- Conference attendees were more likely to be an Associate Broker or Sales Agent, Residential, but represent many areas of the industry, including commercial, property management, resort and second home, land, appraisal and auction.
- Over half (59%) of attendees conduct business in Spanish in addition to English.
- Attendees work in real estate offices with an average of 32 licenses, including independent brokerages and large franchises.
Please note: A number of states have changed the real estate licensing categories, so using agent and broker may no longer indicate who the target audience is for a specific topic. Each U.S. state independently licenses real estate professionals. The term REALTOR® is a national and international mark of membership with the National Association of REALTORS ®. Learn more about the difference between a real estate professional and a REALTOR®.
What is the Benefit of Speaking at the REALTORS® Conference & Expo?
- Speakers receive increased visibility within the real estate industry, which includes not only REALTORS®, but also managing brokers, franchise owners and local/state real estate board staff.
- NAR also holds governance meetings over the conference dates, which gives speakers access not only to successful real estate professionals, but also to the association’s most influential leaders.
- Speakers also receive a complimentary Premier Access pass to the event the year they are speaking. This pass gives the speaker access to attend other education sessions, the three-day REALTORS® Expo and entrance to most major special events. All speakers receive a complimentary recording of their session.
- Please note: NAR does not provide speaker compensation beyond what is listed above, and speakers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and expenses.
Why Am I Not Permitted to Sell/Promote My Products and Services in the Session?
Attendees come to the session for an educational experience, not to hear a sales pitch. They consistently give negative evaluations to sessions that they perceive to be “product or personal pitches.” A trade show booth is the appropriate place for business transactions and promotional activities. Speakers who are also interested in exhibiting at the REALTORS® Expo should contact the exhibition staff separately at NAR@heiexpo.com.